Friday, June 6, 2014

There Is always more, There is always enough...


This morning, my two year old daughter Emma woke up with the same request that she has nearly every morning.   I barely get the door opened before she starts petitioning me for her favorite breakfast cereal.  

We make our descent down the stairs into the kitchen, and I place her in the highchair with her requested breakfast.  It doesn't take long before she has emptied her bowl, and is asking for more.  As I start pouring her second helping, this phrase invades my head and instantly hits my heart.  It is a truth that is rooted in the love and grace of Jesus Christ our Lord...

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE, THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH.




 At that moment I am amazed at how God can use what seems insignificant to us, and speak His truth into our hearts:

"And God can give you more blessings than you need, and you will always have plenty of everything. You will have enough to give to every good work."
2 Corinthians 9:8

There has always been enough, and there always will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment